Buy Cannabis Coconut Oil Online
Coconut oil is a very effective way of extracting THC due to its high saturated fat content. It is capable of absorbing much more cannabinoids than butter or other oils. Buy Cannabis Coconut Oil Online
1lb (16oz) organic, unrefined coconut oil
1-3 Ounces of one the best weed strains or the one you like the most (up to 4 for maximum potency)
Fine Metal Strainer
NOTE: Prepare to monitor this recipe for 12-18 hours. For less weed taste, soak your buds overnight in water, and dry before grinding. This removes much of the chlorophyll that is responsible for most of the herbal taste. Buy Cannabis Coconut Oil Online
Making cannabis-infused coconut oil can be quite the process. Expect to wait several hours for the mixture to be ready for use. Want to speed up the process? Investing in a kitchen appliance like a MagicalButter machine can be a real life-saver. Here’s how to make cannabis-infused coconut oil:
1. Grind the cannabis extremely fine. A coffee grinder works great, but make sure not to get it too powdery. This will make it harder to strain out in the final process.
2. In the crockpot, add the coconut oil and enough water to float the oil in the pot. Set the dial on HIGH and allow the oil to liquefy.
3. Slowly start stirring in the bud until the mixture is completely saturated. If needed, add more water.
4. Stick a thermometer in the pot with the lid closed on top, and monitor it until it reaches close to 250 degrees Fahrenheit to decarb the weed (if you need more info about this visit our post about how to decarb weed). Turn the crockpot heat setting to LOW and stir. Oil continues to rise in temperature after removed from heat and takes longer to start cooling. A preemptive heat switch will help keep a more accurate temperature.
5. Periodically stir the mixture and check that the temperature stays around 250 – 270 degrees. An occasional flip from LOW to WARM setting may be needed to regulate the temp. The mixture needs to stay below 320 degrees to avoid burning off the active ingredient. The water in the pot stops this from happening because it will evaporate first. Periodically add water throughout the process to keep the cannabis submerged.
6. After 12 – 18 hours, turn off the crockpot and allow to cool for a while. Get the cheesecloth and double wrap it over your strainer. Place over a large container to catch the warm liquid. SLOWLY pour the mixture into the cheesecloth and allow to drip. If it’s not too hot, wrap the plant material and squeeze out the hot oil.
7. Continue until all the mixture has been squeezed out of the cheesecloth. The remaining plant material can be saved to use for a topical compress. Although most of the medicinal properties lie within the oil still trapped in the spent bud.
8. Put the container of hot oil/water in the fridge overnight and allow the oil to rise to the top. The water that was added during the process catches all the extra plant material and brown carcinogens from the mixture. This allows for a much cleaner tasting product.
9. Pop the hardened green coconut oil off the top of the water that sunk to the bottom, and discard of the water.
You are now left with a green chunk of coconut oil that is ready to use for the recipe of your liking. Store in the fridge until ready to use. Allow oil to warm before adding to recipes.
Coconut oil is a good substitute for most baking and can replace butter in many recipes. Some people like to add it to a hot beverage for an easy medication. Buy Cannabis Coconut Oil Online